Re: [XForms] Why does gcc not find the forms library?

From: Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane
Subject: Re: [XForms] Why does gcc not find the forms library?
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:20:15 +0000

Which version of OS X has the OP been using?
Was the xforms lib installed before or after the last OS upgrade?

I have been reading in some other mailing lists[2] that some features of the
new System Integrity Protection [1] (AKA rootless) has been causing issues with
packages that want to install links in / or /usr, also there is an issue with
boost [3] that might be similar.
Food for thought? Places to ask what their related solutions were?

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS_X_El_Capitan#System_Integrity_Protection

[2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.macosx/47074
   http://sourceforge.net/p/gimp-print/mailman/message/34523439/
http://sourceforge.net/p/gimp-print/mailman/message/34515229/
http://sourceforge.net/p/gimp-print/mailman/message/34520522/

[3]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32898887/boost-no-longer-works-with-homebrew-on-mac-el-capitan

Even when this disclaimer is not here:
I am not a contracting officer. I do not have authority to make or modify the
terms of any contract.