xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog 0.6 beta 4

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog 0.6 beta 4
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 00:13:56 +0100

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> Here is the changelog:
>   * If a log is changed you get a '*' appended to the loglabel, so you now
> which
>     of the logs to save before exit.

        Neat. We may imagine also logs that are opened in read-only mode.

>   * Applying theme to the log is now optional. It is on by default.
>   * You can now open and close logs from the menu.
>   * The logs can be saved to a separate logging directory, configurable
> through
>     the preferences dialog.

        untested here yet, cf compile problem.

>   * There is a new menu called 'Tools'. Log search has been moved there from
>     the 'Log' menu.

        Just an idea: Maybe a search could lead to the creation of a new
        log? i.e. a new log notebook would be created and filled in with
        the result of the search.
        Another idea about search: use regex when searching.
        This way, you can search for '^N', ie. any call starting with 'N'.

This week-end, I've talked about xlog to a friend of mine, who is used to
contesting and DX expeditions, and only in CW. He told me xlog would be
the ultimate logging software for him if it were able to print labels of
the QSO, to be sticked on QSL cards.
I never tried the Print function (no printer attached to my laptop),
but the label printing may be an interresting feature to be added to the
wishlist.

Cheers,
Stephane