xlog-discussion

[Xlog-discussion] Re: Xlog output format

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Re: Xlog output format
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:32:22 +0100

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:17:14 -0500
"Roger Darr" <address@hidden> wrote:

> My name is Roger Darr.
>
> My home email is address@hidden
> I'm writing from work now.
>
> I will probably be modifying my copy of xlog to use the ADIFF format to
> save and load files.  This will make using eQSL.cc easier for me.  I may
> also want to add some fields like QTH or QSL message.  Just wanted to
> know if you would be interested in supporting ADIFF in the main
> distribution, and if so do you want to use some of this code I'm about
> to write for xlog.

Hi Roger,
We are short before releasing a new version (0.6), which already has
support for some file formats. Formats alien to xlog are supported through
a library called liblogfile and it would be nice if any of your work would
end up there. There is a release candidate for 0.6 at:

http://auric.debian.org/~pa3aba/xlog-0.6rc1.tar.gz

I am not adding ADIFF to 0.6 though, because release is planned for next week.
Development of xlog is coordinated through a mailing list, which you can
find in the CC header. Would be nice if you could join in. The subscription
page is at:

Adiff is already planned, but I guess you could take this task, if Stephane
(F8CFE)
does not mind....
Version 0.7, which I am working on, will have additional fields:
GMTEND, POWER, NAME, QTH, LOCATOR and 2 free fields which you can define
yourself,
so there is really no need to program you own fields ;-)

>   Roger

Regards,
Joop PA4TU