xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] Worked before window

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Worked before window
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:02:00 +0100

Op maandag 19-11-2007 om 00:38 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Krister
Eriksson:

> Sometimes the translation of a software gets som strange - and funny
> results.
>
> In my case the window "worked before" I assume it is meant in english,
> this  is translated to swedish for a thing that is broken and it did
> worked before, or was in function before ...
> (in swedish: "Fungerade förut)
>
> How can I change this?  I am not using the very latest version.

Hi Krister,

the compiled language file is
in /usr/local/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/xlog.mo, you need to replace
it with your own version.

In order to do so, use po/sv.po from the xlog source tree and read it
with either kbabel (KDE based) or gtranslator (GNOME based). Modify the
text inside kbabal/gtranslator and compile the sv.po file into a sv.gmo
message catalog. Copy this file to
usr/local/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/xlog.mo.

> 73 / SM5KRI

Regards,
Joop PG4I