xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] Re: Update to gMFSK situation

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Re: Update to gMFSK situation
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 17:14:18 -0500

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 16:13:12 -0500
Jan Ditzian <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ed,
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> First, it turned out that it is necessary to quit and restart gMFSK
> after each change.

Probably so, I haven't used gMFSK in several years. I've been invovled
in the fldigi project going on 4 years. IIRC its still listed as Beta
and has not been maintained for quite a while now.

> MFSK works to get frequencies from the Omni VI, but not to do PTT via
> software command.  However, xlog does PTT via software command to the
> Omni VI, so I do not know how they do it.

Well. I have an Omni6 and hamlib does not provide PTT via CAT command.
Trust me on this. Xlog does not provise a PTT function. How did you
determine this.

> I will look at this some more over the next week.
>
> Jan, KX2A

Good, keep plugging away and you just might become a Linux convert. Its
not that hard once you get the hang of it.

Ed W3NR