xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] update from 2.0.13 to 15? how?

From: Steve Yates
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] update from 2.0.13 to 15? how?
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 17:39:52 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the response. Your reply makes sense.

In regards to CQRLog, it is a very thorough logbook but it isn't really conducive to contests logging either. For contests you really need either a separate and slim program for each contest (like the N3FJP packages), or one that is customizable for each contest. The only ones I've found for Linux seem to be relics from the early 1990's.

Thanks.

73,
Steve - AA5TB
Fort Worth

HI Steve,

I have tried to get updated versions into the Debian and Ubuntu
repositories for the last to releases, to no avail.

Savannah is a well trusted site, and note also that there is a signed
file with the tarball that I've uploaded. If you trust me, then you
trust that which I've uploaded, once you've verified the signature
matches. If you don't trust me, it won't be any better than what
Debian/Ubuntu distribute, since they get it from me.

That said, once one has downloaded the tarball, the process is quite
standard:

sudo -i
cd /usr/local/src
tar xcvf xlog-<version>.tar.gz
cd xlog-<version>
Read the INSTALL file for detailed instructions.
./configure
make
make install

Regarding a "modern context logger" for Linux, perhaps cqrlog would
better meet that need.

73,

Andy

--