xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] Replaying cnee file the same amount of time than record

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] Replaying cnee file the same amount of time than recorded file ?
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 11:02:46 +0100

Hi Javier

On 02/22/2011 07:33 PM, Javier Barroso wrote:
> There is an feature wishlist which I would like to say:
>
> cnee --record -o file --seconds-to-record 10 # click on an link in
> your favourite browser and doesn't move anymore your mouse

To make sure I understand.

1. Record (what data do you record?)
2. Click on a link
3. Don't move the mouse

and then do nothing but wait for Xnee to stop recording?

> cnee --replay -f file # cnee won't run 10 seconds,

Will Xnee run shorter/longer than 10 seconds?

> so if you want to
> use import and then kill Xephyr,

You mean replay to a Xephyr window?
Did you record in Xephyr as well?

> you will to measure how many time run
> cnee

I am not sure I understand this.. Do you want to measure how long time
cnee executed?

> and sleep x seconds before you can use import (from imagemagick).
> Imagine you want to get an screenshots after 10 seconds you clicked
> last time.

You can do the scrrenshooting from within Xnee with the following options:
        --exec-key,-ek <key>
        --exec-program-key,-ep <programname>

 Start a script that
 * sleeps 10 seconds
 * imports screen

This script can be used when replaying as well.