xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] Replaying cnee file the same amount of time than record

From: Javier Barroso
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] Replaying cnee file the same amount of time than recorded file ?
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:35:55 +0100

Hello Henrik,

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Henrik Sandklef <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Javier
>

> On 02/22/2011 07:33 PM, Javier Barroso wrote:
>> There is an feature wishlist which I would like to say:
>>
>> cnee --record -o file --seconds-to-record 10 # click on an link in
>> your favourite browser and doesn't move anymore your mouse
>
> To make sure I understand.
>
> 1. Record (what data do you record?)
> 2. Click on a link
> 3. Don't move the mouse
>
> and then do nothing but wait for Xnee to stop recording?
Only record a click, for example and wait xnee to stop recording, ok

>> cnee --replay -f file # cnee won't run 10 seconds,
>
> Will Xnee run shorter/longer than 10 seconds?
Shorter:

# time cnee --store-mouse-position --display :0 --record  -o
prueba.xns --keyboard --mouse \
        --time 5 --seconds-to-record 10
real    0m16.814s
user    0m0.004s
sys     0m0.024s
# time cnee --replay -f prueba.xns --time 5  --display :0
real    0m7.765s
user    0m0.004s
sys     0m0.012s

>> so if you want to
>> use import and then kill Xephyr,
>
> You mean replay to a Xephyr window?
> Did you record in Xephyr as well?
Yes, but it was an example (now I recorded in :0 display)

>> you will to measure how many time run
>> cnee
>
> I am not sure I understand this.. Do you want to measure how long time
> cnee executed?
Ok, I would try to explain my first example with more detail:

I want use cnee for:

- clicking in an bookmark inside your favourite browser and open a web
site which it is slowly loaded (aka 10 seconds)
- After that 10 seconds, I would like to take a snapshot (corfirming
that website was correctly displayed)

I'm doing this testing first using Xephyr, but later I will move to
Xvfb (so It will be fully transparent for me)

Then I try to use cnee with --seconds-to-record 10 parameter, save my
click and wait for my page is loaded.

When I want to replay this secuence and taking a screenshot with any
tool (import in this case) i try to use cnee --replay ... but it won't
be running 10 seconds (it run only until my click is replayed, but not
the time waiting for the page load (in my example only 7 seconds (5+2)
).

I now I can use sleep after cnee, but I think could be a good idea
having --even-no-event switch that would force to cnee to replay your
session with the same duration that the original.

I hope I explained this a bit better now

>> and sleep x seconds before you can use import (from imagemagick).
>> Imagine you want to get an screenshots after 10 seconds you clicked
>> last time.
>
> You can do the scrrenshooting from within Xnee with the following options:
>        --exec-key,-ek <key>
>        --exec-program-key,-ep <programname>
I'm using cnee to automatice some rutinary tasks so this is non an
option in this case.

>  Start a script that
>  * sleeps 10 seconds
>  * imports screen
>
> This script can be used when replaying as well.
Using sleeps would be a workarround but I think could be cool to have
this behaviour without sleep hack (I should account how long cnee
runed, and make maths to get the number of seconds to sleep).

Thank you very much, and sorry for my very bad englis