yafray-devel

Re: [Yafray-devel] Antialiasing idea

From: Alejandro Conty Estevez
Subject: Re: [Yafray-devel] Antialiasing idea
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 01:10:54 +0100

Well, that looks like our scheme, only two differences:

1) We don't reuse edges, in fact I was planning to sample a bit inside
pixel to do not share samples with neighbours

2) We sample from the center to the corners, in my experiments it turned
out to be better cause since it's adaptive it can stop sampling at any
any point in the grid. Does not need to sample an entire subdivision level,
and still looks nice. This is very useful when you use AA to smooth noise
in a pathlight scene, saves some time.

Of course could be improved, will think of it.

Thanks for the info. By the way, pathtracing does AA by itself so as
soon as eeshlo finish it , if you want pathtracing, youl won't have to
do several passes. But it will be slower, of course.

jandro.