yafray-devel

[Yafray-devel] Re: Antialiasing idea

From: Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
Subject: [Yafray-devel] Re: Antialiasing idea
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 23:47:52 +0100

address@hidden (2003-01-09 at 0110.54 +0100):
> 1) We don't reuse edges, in fact I was planning to sample a bit inside
> pixel to do not share samples with neighbours

Can you point me to the related files to see how yafray does it?
scene.*, buffer.*, camera.*, what more? Any doc? I am trying to
understand how all works (if unable to get anything better, at least I
learn something).

> 2) We sample from the center to the corners, in my experiments it turned
> out to be better cause since it's adaptive it can stop sampling at any
> any point in the grid. Does not need to sample an entire subdivision level,
> and still looks nice. This is very useful when you use AA to smooth noise
> in a pathlight scene, saves some time.

What do you mean exactly? Sorry, but I do not get the idea about that,
you seem to check the value of a pixel with the neighbors, right? And
then sample inside that pixel.

GSR