yafray-devel

RE: [Yafray-devel] Hi i'm new to the list...

From: Phillip Martin
Subject: RE: [Yafray-devel] Hi i'm new to the list...
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:31:59 +1000

I'm planning to do the same thing, except inside my 3D modelling tool, Aztec. I can currently interface to PovRay, but its clumsy, and I'd much rather a more easily integratable ray tracer. And Yafray is brilliant! (Both rendering results wise, and also code wise).

Yafray is the first raytracer source code where it is really easy to extract the output of the rendering very easily as it is computed, without having to resort to waiting for the iamge to finish and then display it. It is great. Three cheers to the Yafray team! Harrah! Harrah! Harrah!

I started using wxWindows, but the the behaviour of wxWindows on linux was a bit ordinary I was told, so we went our own custom route, so hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

Good luck on your yafray GUI, the more the merrier!

Phil Martin