[Audio-video] audio of stallman speech 2001 april 9 in Zurich

From: Patrik Tschudin
Subject: [Audio-video] audio of stallman speech 2001 april 9 in Zurich
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:06:01 +0100

Hi!

Going through some dusty old Mini-Discs, I found the integral recording
I did as journalist, reporting on the event, right from the mixer (so
it's of rather good audio quality) of Richard Stallmans speech on April
9 2001 in Switzerland at the federal technical university in Zurich,
ETHZ, about "The Free Software Movement and the GNU/Linux Operating
System". That's how the schools online paper reported on him:

http://archiv.ethlife.ethz.ch/articles/im_gespraech/FreiheitskdmpferSta.html

And that's how the "swiss-scale New York Times", the Neue Zurcher
Zeitung NZZ wrote about the event:

http://www.nzz.ch/2001/04/12/em/article7BRPO.html

I encoded the audio (2 hours 26) in .flac (415MB) and uploaded it to my
idisc, where you can fetch it, if you want:

http://homepage.mac.com/tsup/pub/audio/var/richard-stallman-ethz-2001-04-09.flac

by the way: is it my stupid DNS-provider or is something wrong on your
side, that http://audio-video.gnu.org only loads very unreliably? See
my .png in the attachment.

greetings

Patrik Tschudin