[Audio-video] RE: Missing Video Segment? (Jason Self)

From: Leo Jackson
Subject: [Audio-video] RE: Missing Video Segment? (Jason Self)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:55:01 -0800 (PST)

>    1. Missing Video Segment? (Jason Self)
Jason,
Thank you for bring this to our attention I will check the videos in question,
and see when it was edited if possible. Does anyone know if the video is
missing anything?

I am revamping the Index pages as per request of RMS through John S.
I will be adding about 4+ videos so far that I found and about 8+ audio files.
> I noticed a problem with the videos at [1] and [2] where
> RMS is discussing
> software patents.
>
> While he's discussing invalidating a patent, the video
> suddenly jumps forward
> to another part where he seems to be on a different topic
> and the video has him
> already in the middle of something. The elapsed time on the
> video continues
> counting forward as if nothing has happened so it seems
> that perhaps part of
> the video has been cut out?
>
> Start watching at 1h04m47s. It appears to happen around
> 1h05m41s.
>
> [1]
> http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/.original_files/rms-speech-patents-calgary-
> 20050518-720x480.ogg
> [2] http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/rms-speech-patents-calgary-20050518-
> 320x240.ogg

sorry Jason about the videos. I will try to get to them ASAP.

Regards,
Leo Jackson
GNU, FSF Volunteer