Re: [Audio-video] R: Video reportage during Stallman Event in Milan - 26

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: [Audio-video] R: Video reportage during Stallman Event in Milan - 26 March 2014
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:43:17 +0100

Hello Tiziana.

On 2014-03-18 at 18:08, AreaWeb ZeroUno wrote:

> have you seen my last email? Can you reply me as soon as possible?

I'm sorry, but I hadn't seen any previous message.  If you had sent it
to audio-video.gnu.org then it escaped my attention the first time.

> we are organising for the 26 March an event in Milan with Richard
> Stallman and we would like to record his speech.
>
> We would like to know if we have to follow some particular rules in
> order to make the video.
>
> We would like to embed the video in our website www.zerounoweb.it and
> usually we use the Youtube platform.

Please do not publish Richard's video on youtube.  It requires to run
non-free JavaScript code to view (at least when youtube is used the
"default" way, thru the web interface), so we explicitly discourage its
use.  Nowadays it's also very easy to publish a video without requiring
any non-free software, by using HTML5; otherwise it's trivial to just
provide a link to the file.

We usually publish recordings of Richard talks on
http://audio-video.gnu.org, and of course we would be happy to have
yours as well.  We simply require videos to be in a
free-software-friendly format; the easiest formats to use are WebM and
Ogg/Theora.  Richard usually requests his talks to be licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivatives Works license
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/ ).  And, it goes without
saying, of course you'd be free to publish the file on your website as
well.

Thank you, and best regards.

--
Luca Saiu