cashew-s-engine

Re: [CASHeW-s-engine] Can delta tick if sigma is hidden?

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: Re: [CASHeW-s-engine] Can delta tick if sigma is hidden?
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:57:55 +0000

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 14:51, Simon Foster wrote:
> Quick question;
>
> If I have a process (delta.0)/[sigma], should delta be able to tick? I
> don't think it should because sigma (although there are no transitions)
> can tick, and will thus cause a silent action, preventing delta from
> ticking (since it isn't scoped).
>
> Am I right?
>
> -Si.

Assuming delta is a clock (and were not talking capital delta, the
timelock operator), I think it depends on whether there are other sigma
transitions elsewhere within the process as a whole.  If it is just
(delta.O)/[sigma], then there are no sigma/tau replacements, so no taus
to stop delta ticking.

That's my thoughts, anyway,
--
Andrew :-)

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint) attachments.

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman

"We've all been part of the biggest beta test the world has ever known --
Windows"
-- Victor Wheatman, Gartner