Re: [Chicken-users] future of chicken?

From: Peter Keller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] future of chicken?
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 02:35:18 -0500

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 12:17:08AM +0200, felix wrote:
> 9) Bindings for:

>    - compression

You mean like zlib?

>    - Whatever library is out there, really

Do you think this might be hindered by the typedef problem and/or the fact
you can't (easily) write an ffi to a C function that uses ... ?

I looked at zlib, and it basically does the same trick as GNU MP, so it looks
like an interface could be written easily to that(which I might do, actually).

Also, what do you think about libraries such as libpng and libjpg? These
are a bit stranger since they often return allocated memory of some structure
or another.

ooo!!! A FFI could be made to libbfd and the opcode library. That would go
well with the nature of chicken.

-pete