Re: [Chicken-users] Using csi with emacs

From: Panagiotis Vossos
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Using csi with emacs
Date: 11 Apr 2003 10:40:59 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Do any of you know how to interface csi with ilisp?  I'm looking
> through the ilisp source and found it to be less than helpful in
> showing how to setup a different interpretor.  If any of you have
> hacked together something (all I really want is to be able to use
> eval-defun-lisp M-A-x to send the current sexp to the interpretor)
> I'd sure be willing to test it out for you.  If not, I'll just dig
> in and write it myself, but I thought I would check here first.

I have never used ilisp, but I am quite happy with cmuscheme.el that
comes with emacs.  Just put the following in your .emacs file:

(require 'cmuscheme)
(setq scheme-program-name "csi -hygienic")
(setq scheme-mit-dialect nil)

Now you can bring up a buffer with a csi process by typing `M-x
run-scheme'.  After that, you can request code to be evaluated from
any buffer that is in `scheme-mode' by typing one of the following:

C-x C-e: evaluate last sexp
C-c C-r: evaluate region
C-c C-l: load scheme file

regards,