Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup on freebsd

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup on freebsd
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 23:27:15 +0200

On 5/5/05, Toby Butzon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Wanted to see if anyone was aware of this: I installed chicken from FreeBSD's
> ports collection, then ran `chicken-setup spiffy`. chicken-setup failed,
> and it seemed to be caused by a "missing" chicken.h -- so I added
> -csc-option "-C -I/usr/local/include" to the chicken-setup commandine and
> everything went fine.
>
> Is this because the port puts chicken.h in a strange place, or is my local
> environment just set up weird, or what? This isn't exactly a "fresh" system,
> but I would've expected chicken-setup to work right out of the box.

Is /usr/local the prefix for the libraries and binaries, too? Then
/usr/local/include
should be in the default path. But I don't know how ports handles these things.

(I don't understand why /usr/local/include isn't by default in the
standard include
path, when /usr/local/bin is in the standard path - but this is probably some
ancient unixism...)