Re: [Chicken-users] Bug in symbolic-link? with UTF8 filenames.

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Bug in symbolic-link? with UTF8 filenames.
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:17:11 -0500

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> Now, this may be a very naive question, but does your file-system support
> UTF-8 filenames?

As I think I pointed out before, the Posix file API accepts almost-arbitrary
vectors of octets (0x00 is forbidden and 0x2F can only be used as a path
separator), whereas the Windows file API accepts almost arbitrary vectors
of 16-bit values.

In a Posix file system, UTF-8 is in the eye (and locale) of the beholder.

--
Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.
        --Arthur C. Clarke, "The Nine Billion Names of God"