Re: [Chicken-users] SAFE vs. UNSAFE .exports

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] SAFE vs. UNSAFE .exports
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 00:07:15 -0700

On 6/1/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
This evening I added .exports support to the CMake build.  I notice that
the .exports emission in various .scm files have the same name for both
SAFE and UNSAFE libraries.  I am wondering if this can clobber
anything.  In any event, from a CMake build standpoint, the SAFE and
UNSAFE libraries are scribbling on each other's .exports.  I hope
they're scribbling exactly the same thing.  If not, then .exports need
to emit different names when compiled UNSAFE.

Yes, you are actually right. Both safe and unsafe should generate
identical files, but the unsafe ones don't need it. I'll cond-expand
the declarations in the library files. Thanks for mentioning this.

BTW, do you think of adding nursery sampling to the cmake build?
You'll probably have to compile a wrapper program to extract
the timing information.

(felix)