[Chicken-users] paramater limit

From: Stephen Ramsay
Subject: [Chicken-users] paramater limit
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 08:50:44 -0500

Dear All,

I'm new to both scheme and chicken, and I'm working with some GraphML
files (some of which are quite large).  Unfortunately, I'm running up
against the "(apply) parameter limit exceeded" error.  The offending
code looks like this:

(map
  (lambda (n) (display (string-append (string-trim-both n) nl)))
            ((txpath "//edge/@target") (SSAX:XML->SXML (open-input-file
                        "001Grant-gml.xml") '())))

lazy:txpath, incidentally, doesn't throw an error, but it doesn't
return anything either.

Is there some clever idiom that can get me around the 1000 argument
limit with libffi in this situation?  It's kind of a showstopper,
since I work with large XML files pretty regularly.

Steve

--
Stephen Ramsay
Assistant Professor