Re: [Chicken-users] macro systems and chicken (long)

From: Elf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] macro systems and chicken (long)
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:59:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 10:04:26PM -0700, Elf wrote:
On Sat, 5 Apr 2008, John Cowan wrote:

Alex Shinn scripsit:

DEFINE-MACRO is just EVAL.  Syntactic closures is just EVAL with
the two extra env parameters, [...].

And as I believe I heard someone say on #scheme the other day, if
your program involves EVAL, it's probably broken.  Even if the
EVAL is hidden behind something else.

This sentence makes no sense to me, as this would imply that all
programs are always broken.

eval running within the program, not the eval being used to run the
program.

so, like, what lambda internals do within a program, or what internal
let forms do, or like what happens to arguments before being passed to
procedures, or ....

-elf :)