Re: [Chicken-users] compiling with mingw-msys

From: Wietse Jacobs
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] compiling with mingw-msys
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 10:37:50 +0100

2009/1/8 felix winkelmann <address@hidden>:
> Hi!
>
> I think the mingw (non-msys) build could work now. If you checkout the
> trunk and do
>
> make PLATFORM=mingw PREFIX=c:/some/path bootstrap # note the forward slashes!
> make PLATFORM=mingw PREFIX=c:/some/path CHICKEN=chicken-boot
> make PLATFORM=mingw PREFIX=c:/some/path CHICKEN=chicken-boot install
>
> (and whatever I've forgotten to mention this time), you should get a working
> chicken. At least a "chicken-install defstruct" worked fine and downloaded,
> built and installed a usable egg.
>
> I will check the msvc build at some other time.
>

> cheers,
> felix

Thanks a lot! I was able to build and install. I can do:

C:\chicken4>csi

CHICKEN
(c)2008-2009 The Chicken Team
(c)2000-2007 Felix L. Winkelmann
Version 4.0.0x5
windows-mingw32-x86 [ manyargs dload ptables applyhook ]
compiled Thu 01/08/2009  on pc174p (MinGW)

#;1> (display "HAPPY NEW YEAR FELIX!!\n")
HAPPY NEW YEAR FELIX!!
#;2>

I'm having trouble installing eggs, but I haven't got time to look
into that right now. "I'll be back"...

Thanks again!
--
--Wietse