Re: [Chicken-users] Error installing glut egg on Windows 7 64-bit

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Error installing glut egg on Windows 7 64-bit
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 05:56:29 -0400 (EDT)

> I thought installing would be trivial as with other eggs.

Anything that has to link with native libraries has the potential
to break, especially on Windows, where there is not default or standard
location for header-files and libraries.

> What other setup is required for glut?  You mentioned freeglut libs.  Guess I
> don't know what they are.

You must have downloaded and extracted freeglut somewhere, at least
that's what I assume according to the path you gave in a recent
mail. What you need is the header file "GL/glut.h" for compiling and
the "import" library of the GLUT DLL for linking, which is probably
called "libfreeglut.a" or something similar. "chicken-install" (or
more precisely "csc") doesn't know where the header file and library
are installed, so we have to pass the necessary paths to csc (which
in turn passes them on to gcc).

Setting the CSC_OPTIONS environment-variable will implicitly pass the
options to all invocations of "csc".