Re: [Chicken-users] [wish list] chicken-install: show available eggs, up

From: David N Murray
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [wish list] chicken-install: show available eggs, upgrade all installed eggs?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 09:47:39 -0400 (EDT)

On May 5, Felix scribed:

> For example, I may have several applications that use one or the other
> installed egg. Those eggs may be out of date, but I'm more interested
> in having my system running, so when I install new extensions,
> "chicken-install" will warn me when an egg requires higher versions
> and I have the choice to think twice about whether I want to do that
> or not.

Maybe I'm not doing it right, but when I install a new version of chicken,
I don't have a way to rebuild the eggs, short of using chicken-install to
re-retrieve the egg and rebuild.  Is there another way to do this?  Do
people normally keep the egg source laying around for chicken upgrades?  I
don't see an option on chicken-install to set this up, but I have to admit
I haven't looked very hard.

tia,
dave