Re: [Chicken-users] Interest in SLIME?

From: Richard
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Interest in SLIME?
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 09:58:50 +0000

Hello Dan,

> I spent some time today looking into what amount of effort it would
> take to add swank-trace-dialog support to the existing SLIME egg; it
> turns out that it's quite doable, but as I have a slew of projects on
> the go I thought I'd gauge if there's any interest outside of my own
> inquisitiveness for such an enhancement?

I might be interested in this but the times I used slime for chicken it
felt a little 'off'. Don't really remember what parts of it though.
Maybe they are the parts you've been submitting patches for.

I was also looking if I could get some more features into the egg,
for example partial completion.

> Relatedly, I've been submitting patches to fix errors in the SLIME egg
> that have resulted from code rot; so if you're like me and you use the
> bleeding edge of Emacs, it should be known that the SLIME egg is sorta
> usable once again.

thanks for that.

> Does anyone know if eldoc support ever functioned with the SLIME egg?

From the wiki:

        Argument hints
        start typing an expression (e.g. (call/cc... )) and the argument
        list will appear in the minibuffer. Note the function must be
        compiled with debug information.

And I can remember it sorta working. But don't take my word for it.

cheers,
Richard