Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling multiple modules into a single executable

From: Josh Barrett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling multiple modules into a single executable
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 21:40:51 +0000

Yes, but that would make it unfeasable to run the code without compiling, which is kind of the point.

At this point, I'm thinking of just (cond-expand)ing a (load) in when I'm running in csi. Lazy and inefficient? Yes. Effective? Also yes.

On 2016-10-16 23:13, Josh Barrett wrote:
> [...]
> Can you generate a .import without compiling your module?
> [...]

Hello Josh,

as far as I know, the .import.scm files are always generated as a side
effect of compiling a source file.

However, it may be possible to discard the primary results of
compilation and reuse the import libraries for a second compiler run,
although this is not the intended approach.

You could also avoid the need for import libraries and unit declarations
by translating all your scheme code as a single compilation unit. Simply
concatenating all the files containing the module forms and compiling
the result should work.

Ciao,
Thomas