Re: [Chicken-users] how do i load a module? none of the docs seem to hel

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] how do i load a module? none of the docs seem to help... :(
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 12:25:44 +1200

Hi Kay,

On 2019-08-09 17:19, masukomi wrote:
> I then generate `hello.import.scm` and `hello.so` with `csc`
>
> What _exactly_ do i need to put in code in order to import the `hello`
> module in such a way that when I compile the thing importing it with
> `csc -static thing-importing-hello.scm` I don't get "csc: could not
> find linked extension hello"

hello.so is a dynamic library, so it won't work when compiling the
program with -static. For that, you need to compile hello.scm to an
object file and link it into the program. Assuming you're using CHICKEN
5.x, try this:

    $ csc -unit hello -cJ hello.scm
    $ csc -link hello -static thing-importing-them.scm
    $ ./thing-importing-them
    hello world

thing-importing-them.scm can contain just the following:

    (import (hello))
    (greet)

Cheers,

Evan