cons-discuss

Re: Hmmm.... future of cons?

From: David Sanderson
Subject: Re: Hmmm.... future of cons?
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:12:09 -0400

There *are* a couple of bug fixes it would be nice to get into cons.  I
have not checked the HOL RCS tree lately, so perhaps these have already
been fixed.  (We are using cons.pl,v 1.170.)

1) Install() does not fail if it has to copy the file and the copy fails.

2) cons does not always build targets outside the sandbox reliably.
Sometimes it builds too much, sometimes not enough.  My last
correspondence with the maintainers indicated it was a design issue in
the checksumming.  I'd very much appreciate a solution in cons.  Since
our Construct+Conscript files amount to 50K lines of perl, I'm sure
we'll not be migrating until scons is mature enough to justify the
effort. :-)

David Sanderson (address@hidden)