cons-discuss

Re: Hmmm.... future of cons?

From: Rajesh Vaidheeswarran
Subject: Re: Hmmm.... future of cons?
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 03:53:58 -0400 (EDT)

I got a bit of connectivity and got some chance to browse through
some of the mails on this thread.

First of all, I would like to state a few things.

1. Cons is a live project.. I have no plans whatsoever of
   letting it die.

2. Cons will move away from dsmit.com to gnu.org as its main site where
   other maintainers can have update access. The reason it was held at
   dsmit.com, and not gnu.org was because of the lack of server-side script
   support at gnu.org... but the merits of gnu.org far outweigh that
   specific drawback.

3. The project will be led by a core group instead of by individuals
   (like Steven or myself) to ensure that one lead being stretched thin
   will not cause the project to stall.

Having said this (and before my net connectivity dies)... I would like
address the more specific issues at hand once I return to the US on the
22nd of June.

Until then, I'm not sure I can check up on this thread regularly. Steven
is the captain till I get back.

Thanks

rv