Re: building old coreutils versions on new glibc systems

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: building old coreutils versions on new glibc systems
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 22:09:08 -0600

Hello,

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 03:19:57PM +0200, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
> On 8/7/19 6:04 PM, Jim Meyering wrote:
> > Since it is something that may contribute to binaries I build (with
> > the handy related build target), it feels like it belongs in
> > version-control

> okay, fine.  Both variants have advantages and disadvantages, so let's
> go for the variant easier to maintain.
>
> I'll reply wrt/ the patch in the other email.

Thanks for the improved script, the suggestion and the testing.

Attached updated patch. changes are:
- moved to ./script/build-older-versions
- trimmed whitespace from patches
- used your version of the script
- added permissive license to the script
- added a short blurb at the end of the script, showing PATHs.

Comments welcomed,
 -assaf