first contribution: smart rename for the mv command

From: Stéphane Archer
Subject: first contribution: smart rename for the mv command
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 12:59:23 -0300

Dear Gnu Coreutils community,

I would like to contribute to the project a feature I miss a lot in the
`mv` command.
I currently have a working patch but it's clearly not perfect. I would like
to have feedback on it and would like to know if you are willing to accept
this change.
Do you think it's possible?

I usually use GitHub for code review so I'm not sure how things are working
here.
I tried to generate a patch I can send by email to you, I hope this will
help you understand what I'm trying to do.

--
Best Regards,

Stephane Archer