dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] FW: 2.6.3 insmod problem

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] FW: 2.6.3 insmod problem
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:53:34 +0200

Matthew Lindgren wrote:
 Here's what I see in /var/log/message when i type "insmod dazuko.ko":

 Jun 14 11:33:20 localhost kernel: dazuko: Unknown symbol register_security
 Jun 14 11:33:20 localhost kernel: dazuko: Unknown symbol mod_unreg_security
 Jun 14 11:33:20 localhost kernel: dazuko: Unknown symbol
 unregister_security Jun 14 11:33:20 localhost kernel: dazuko: Unknown
 symbol mod_reg_security

 I compiled my kernel to use ONLY the security option, CONFIG_SECURITY=y,
and i used the same version of gcc for both the kernal and dazuko. Everything compiled just fine. I am not using other security models.

Are you absolutely sure that you are running the new kernel you compiled? Did you use "make menuconfig" or "make xconfig" when setting the security option? The important file is autoconf.h (which is saved when you exit "make menuconfig").

When these symbols are missing, it means that security was not configured in the running kernel.

ps - this is a second copy of the same message. i sent the first when i wasn't subscribed to the list, and i'm not sure it will go through.

Yes, I saw your other posts. I deleted them since I saw this one also.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer