dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] insmod fails

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] insmod fails
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:21:26 +0200

Robert & Sabine von Knobloch wrote:
I have loaded the latest kernel source files (matching my kernel) and configured them (Redhat Fedora Core 1 Kernel Linux fedora 2.4.22-1.2194.nptl ).

A Make of dazuko reports no problems but insmod reports:
./dazuko.o: unresolved symbol __write_lock_failed
./dazuko.o: unresolved symbol kernel_flag_cacheline
./dazuko.o: unresolved symbol __read_lock_failed

These symbols are only defined when the kernel source is configured with CONFIG_SMP. Can you post the output of running "./configure" for Dazuko? I am guessing that your kernel is not SMP, but the kernel source code (ie. autoconf.h) is configured to be SMP.

This can be corrected by finding the correct ".config" file for your running kernel, copying it into the Linux source directory, and following the procedure outlined in the FAQ:

http://www.dazuko.org/faq.shtml#10

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer