dazuko-help

Re: WG: [Dazuko-help] insmod fails

From: Robert and Sabine von Knobloch
Subject: Re: WG: [Dazuko-help] insmod fails
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:42:33 +0200

Robert & Sabine von Knobloch wrote:

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: John Ogness [mailto:address@hidden
Gesendet: Sonntag, 27. Juni 2004 21:21
An: Robert & Sabine von Knobloch
Cc: address@hidden
Betreff: Re: [Dazuko-help] insmod fails

Robert & Sabine von Knobloch wrote:
I have loaded the latest kernel source files (matching my kernel) and configured them (Redhat Fedora Core 1 Kernel Linux fedora 2.4.22-1.2194.nptl ).

A Make of dazuko reports no problems but insmod reports:
./dazuko.o: unresolved symbol __write_lock_failed
./dazuko.o: unresolved symbol kernel_flag_cacheline
./dazuko.o: unresolved symbol __read_lock_failed

These symbols are only defined when the kernel source is configured with CONFIG_SMP. Can you post the output of running "./configure" for Dazuko? I am guessing that your kernel is not SMP, but the kernel source code (ie. autoconf.h) is configured to be SMP.

This can be corrected by finding the correct ".config" file for your running kernel, copying it into the Linux source directory, and following the procedure outlined in the FAQ:

http://www.dazuko.org/faq.shtml#10

John Ogness

Thanks for replying John,

I checked "autoconf.h", it does not have SMP defined (commented out).
Output from ./configure for dazuko is:

address@hidden dazuko-2.0.2]# ./configure
checking host system type... Linux
checking if Linux version is 2.6... no
checking if kernel is SMP... no
checking whether sys_call_table is exported... no
checking whether sys_close is exported... yes
kernel source in /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2194.nptl/build... yes

------- Configuration -------

events = ON_OPEN ON_CLOSE ON_EXEC
devfs =  no
rsbac =  no
debug =  no

address@hidden dazuko-2.0.2]#

Sadly, I don't know how to progress here. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Best wishes from the Black Forest,

Robert von Knobloch