dazuko-help

[Dazuko-help] ON_EXEC and Linux 2.6

From: Ajay Surie
Subject: [Dazuko-help] ON_EXEC and Linux 2.6
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 19:06:45 -0400

Hi,

I am implementing a user space daemon to interface with Dazuko, and am mainly concerned with when files are executed or mapped executable. I am using the 2.6 Linux kernel and am unsure whether to use Dazuko as is with LSM or patch my kernel with RSBAC. It seems that with RSBAC, the Dazuko event ON_EXEC indicates that an exec system call is in progress, whereas with LSM the ON_EXEC event merely indicates that a file has been opened with exec permission. Am I correct?

Also, with Dazuko and RSBAC, is there anyway to determine whether a file is mmap'ed executable, or is this handled through the ON_EXEC event? I don't know too much about RSBAC, but their website defines a MAP_EXECUTE request (linked to mmap, mprotect when files are mapped executable) which doesn't seem to be specifically handled in the Dazuko code.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ajay Surie