dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Fedora 8 and Dazuko Still not working

From: bob J .
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Fedora 8 and Dazuko Still not working
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:53:37 -0500

John,

 I have it working with AVG. You were correct the AVG startup was checking for
the module. I modifed it to also check the devices file. Here is the code

dist_pre_start() {

    # check if dazuko exists
    DAZKER=`grep dazuko /proc/devices`
    DAZMOD=`/sbin/lsmod | grep dazuko`;
    DAZDEV="/dev/dazuko";
    if [ "${DAZKER}" ]; then
        echo "INFORMATION: DAZUKO is loaded into the kernel";
        return 0
    fi
    if [ -z "${DAZKER}" ]; then
        echo "INFORMATION: DAZUKO is NOT loaded into the kernel";
    fi
    if [ -z "${DAZMOD}" ]; then
        echo "WARNING: Dazuko module is not loaded, please insmod dazuko
module";
        return 1
    elif [ ! -e "${DAZDEV}" ]; then
        echo "WARNING: Dazuko device file not exists, please mknod /dev/dazuko
c 254 0";
        return 1
    fi
    return 0
}

I put in extra echos just to see what was going on.

I have another question. The kernel is currently compiled without the SELinux
loaded (turned off in menuconfig). Do you think this is a must or can I
recompile with the SELinux on ?

Thanks again
Bob