beginning a score with grace notes creates error

From: Donald J. Stewart
Subject: beginning a score with grace notes creates error
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 16:16:25 -0800

When I insert grace notes at the beginning of a piece with multiple staves, I
get a very strange error.

I haven't had any grace note errors in other similar scores, but I also
haven't started a piece with grace notes before.

When I start a simple one line test score, the error doesn't seem to occur.

I've attached screenshots and the denemo file.

D o    n a    l    d    J     S  t   e     w    a   r        t
           s     o    u   n      d        -          X