FLL Band-Edge

From: Kristoff
Subject: FLL Band-Edge
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 00:53:24 +0100

Hi all,

I have been reading some more on PSK demodulation.

One of the PSK signals I can easily pick and and is available 24h/day is the telemetry signal on QO100. I found a flowgraph from Daniel Estevez that decodes the QO100 telemetry, so I started examining how it works.

In that flowgraph (which for some reason I do not seams to find any more), the first block in the flow (i.e. right after downconverting and a AGC) is a "FLL_Band-edge" block.

Can somebody explain what exactly this block does?

I researching this, I found that it seams to shift the received signal slightly up in frequency (at least, that is what it did in my tests).

I tried reading the documentation, which kinds-of explain how it does work, .. but not what it does and why it is there.
Can somebody explain the purpose of a "FLL with band-edge filter" block?

Thx :-)

73
kristoff - ON1ARF