Re: Problem with Log Power FFT block

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Problem with Log Power FFT block
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 17:09:46 +0100

That's peculiar, but as a side note:

The logarithm is a strictly monotonous function.

Therefore, you can just omit the logarithm operation altogether; the
thing with the maximum logarithm is always the thing with the maximum
amplitude, anyway. If you still need the logarithm of that value, you
can do that *after* the maximum and calculate one logarithm per FFT,
instead of one logarithm for every single sample.