Re: Parallel instances of grc on Linux

From: Tom Breyer
Subject: Re: Parallel instances of grc on Linux
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 19:36:00 +0100

Hi Marcus and all,

it seems that I was successful installing 3.8.2 and 3.9 together on my system with separated working dirs.

The startup script is like this:

tom@vm:~$ cat start_grc39
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages:/usr/local/lib/python3/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export GRC_PREFS_PATH=~/grc-data-3.9/toms-grc-prefs
gnuradio-companion

The other script is like this:

export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local2/lib/python3/dist-packages:/usr/local2/lib/python3/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local2/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export GRC_PREFS_PATH=~/grc-data-3.8/toms-grc-prefs
gnuradio-companion

Please note that I use GRC_PREFS_PATH :-)
I found out that this should be a file instead of a directory, mmhhhh??

I compiled both grcs from source and set the prefs PATH for 3.8 to /usr/local2

Maybe there are ways to make it more professional but it looks good at the moment.
Thank you again!

Tom