Re: Parallel instances of grc on Linux

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Parallel instances of grc on Linux
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 20:34:35 +0100

Hi Tom!

Indeed, I was wrong! There's GR_PREFS_PATH, and GRC_PREFS_PATH. And I've missed
the
difference!

Also, now I find GR_DONT_LOAD_PREFS (which, ironically, is a GRC thing),
GRC_HIER_PATH,
which defines where GRC / grcc put compiled hierarchical flowgraphs, and
GRC_DEFAULT_FLOW_GRAPH, which does the same as the config option [grc]
default_flow_graph.

Thanks for bringing this up, this is super helpful!

About GRC_PREFS_PATH file vs directory: used to be a directory (by default
~/.grc), now
is a file (~/.gnuradio/grc). We should really start sticking to XDG
configuration
locations at some point.

Best regards,
Marcus