New Raspberry PI Complete OS release

From: Glen I Langston
Subject: New Raspberry PI Complete OS release
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 12:22:49 -0500

Hello

We’ve been successful in simultaneous radio astronomy with high schools in the
US, including
California, North Carolina, Illinois, Virginia, New York and West Virginia.

We’d like to expand to southern hemisphere as well, so that we can get a full
sky image
of the Milky Way.

We’ve just released a new version of the complete Radio Astronomy Operating
system
for Raspberry Pi 4 computers.   The whole 12 GB Os is compressed to 3.4 GB for
download.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PwjSfVUlV4XNyaDtzrgMiI4Z7IL6HGi2/view?usp=sharing

The installation guide has the link to the OS as well.  All are on Google Drive
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pStZsguO3UMrP0FhxJJJPFYdkg-Bp8TG3_zIh8MYHUQ/edit?usp=sharing

The newest version automatically puts all observations on the included Apache
web server for
sharing with other high schools/hobbyists.

FYI you can measure the effective noise temperature of your first LNA using the
software
included in the OS and described in LightWork Memo 28.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T6y3XJ9PyVhMCDVL0gaL-mx1BI6bUyEN/view?usp=sharing

I’m still stuck at GNURadio 3.13.7.5, but have a few C++ programs converted to
3.8
and running.   Maybe just before 3.8 is obsolete I’ll catch up.

Best regards

Glen