Re: New Raspberry PI Complete OS release

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: New Raspberry PI Complete OS release
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:36:09 +0100

Hi Glen,

this is nice! Thanks!
If you could tell us what specifically is a blocker for porting to 3.8 (or
anything later,
for that matter), people might be able to help exactly that. I know you're not
content
with the changes we've made, but I know how much effort flows into maintaining
a complex
system such as your Radio Astronomy Operating System, and as I think the
community
benefits from such projects, my experience is that there'll be experience and
hands able
to help getting whatever it is that you need ported to a modern GNU Radio,
especially
because that means you can go and use the GNU Radio that modern Linux distros
offer "out
of the box" and don't have to roll your own.

Also, don't be afraid: 3.8 is not going away soon, and the migration from 3.8
to 3.9 is
really not that big of a thing, basically all names stayed the same.

Best regards,
Marcus