Re: Emacs.app

From: Bertrand Dekoninck
Subject: Re: Emacs.app
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 17:53:41 +0200

On 2019-06-20 15:38:02 +0200 Sergii Stoian <stoyan255@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bertrand,

Hi Sergii,

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 1:18 PM Bertrand Dekoninck <
bertrand.dekoninck@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi everyone ! I just compiled Emacs.app (the gnustep version) from
lastest stable source.

It works really great.

What sources and `configure` options did you use?

I  used the last stable source :

http://gnu.mirrors.pair.com/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.xz

with the command :

CFLAGS='-g -O2 -DGNUSTEP ./configure --with-ns --with-gnustep-conf=/etc/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf

after a quick search on the net. I don't now if the CFLAGS is mandatory.

I've built it flawlessly with gcc.

I've got a question for emacs experts :  is there a way to have the
windowmanager  (windowmaker here)  remember the size and position of
its windows ?

It's not window manager task - application should do it.
My emacs 26.1 (GTK) saves windows size and position. I have
(desktop-save-mode 1) in my `.emacs`.
All required information is stored in `.emacs.desktop` file.

OK, it seems to work.
Thanks.

Bertrand