Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr 3.6.1 and 3.5.5 released

From: Marcos García
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr 3.6.1 and 3.5.5 released
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 12:40:43 +0200

Hi,

Yeah, I was referring to this http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/dolibarr-dev/2014-03/msg00038.html previous conversation where we agreed that we should be notified too.

I am complaining here about 2 things:
1. Not telling us a release of a minor version was going to happen.
2. Releasing not fully working minor versions

The 2nd point I agree is very complicated to deal with. I have to agree with you Laurent, because maybe some bugs still exist but other ones are already fixed and there's no point for waiting. But from the view of an user, they expect a minor version to fix all problems of the previous one.

I think a fix for the first one would be what Sasa Ostrouska told us about Gnome. They do have a ML exclusively for announcements. That mailing list maybe won't be useful for developers but yes for community moderators or whatever.

That would help a lot and the submission can be automated with your script.

Thanks.

Regards,

Marcos García
address@hidden

For maintenance release, there is no planning defined. Maintenance
released are done when there is enough bug fixes available, to replace
a major version with same version with less bugs.
For such releases, there is no annoucement to developers mailing-list
because there
is nothing expected from developers (if some bugs are fixed, there is
no reason to wait
to publish fixes, no need to have tests or finished dev, a maintenance
release never contains development). That's why only major versions
are following a defined roadmap.