dotgnu-libjit

Re: [Dotgnu-libjit] Building x86_64 libjit on OS X 10.6

From: Maarten Hoeben
Subject: Re: [Dotgnu-libjit] Building x86_64 libjit on OS X 10.6
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:26:56 +0100

I sincerely apologize for my comment regarding LLVM. I wasn't aware this was a sensitive issue, but I fully understand your position on this. It won't happen again.

To make up for my mistake, I want you to know that the reason I choose libjit in the first place was exactly because of the facts you state in your reply. Moreover, libjit's interface has a more elegant API, is much more light weight and its feature set was a better fit than the other product's. I got my project running just fine with libjit, however, the missing OSX platform support was an oversight when I evaluated libjit.

I agree that the key benefit of an open project is that people contribute their changes. However, in my case I just found a patch in an earlier posting, which I applied. After reading some more on OSX support I found that getting my project to work on the level I needed it, it would require more time than I had available, so I never got around writing any changes. Consequently there is little to contribute, apart from the patches in earlier postings.

Regards,

Maarten