Re: did the abbrev mechanism ever expand «two words» to «two different w

From: Uwe Brauer
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2021 16:23:49 +0100

>>> "RP" == Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

>> To make matter worse, I added your suggestion to my old
>> fundamental-mode-abbrev-table restarted emacs and then *nothing* was
>> expanded.
>>
>> I am puzzled
>>

> Hmm, so am I. Youʼre right, what I sent doesnʼt work, but this does:

> (define-abbrev-table 'fundamental-mode-abbrev-table
>   '(
>     ("a que" "a qué" nil :count 0))
>   "Uwe's table"
>   :regexp "\\(\\w+ \\w+\\)")

Right, thanks, however good and bad news.

I am using

(define-abbrev-table 'fundamental-mode-abbrev-table
  '(
    ("a que" "a qué" nil :count 0)
    ("asi" "así" nil :count 0))
  "Uwe's table"

    1. It works in the sense that "a que" is expanded to "a qué"

    2. But now asi is *not* expanded to así

The reasons seems to me that what you did is globally for the whole
table, while I hoped it could be done locally for each entry.

Am I correct?