Re: Building the igc branch on MS-Windows

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: Building the igc branch on MS-Windows
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 15:41:51 +0200

> Doesn't --with-x-toolkit=no work?  It should produce a GUI build which
> doesn't use any toolkit, but instead uses our own X code to implement
> the menus etc.
>
> If you have Lucid, you could also try --with-x-toolkit=lucid -- that
> should give you toolkit menus and scroll bars.

I tried --with-x-toolkit=no but the headers weren't there, so I
installed them.  But now I get this:

checking for library containing tputs... no
configure: error: The required function 'tputs' was not found in any library.
The following libraries were tried (in order):
  libtinfo, libncurses, libterminfo, libcurses, libtermcap
Please try installing whichever of these libraries is most appropriate
for your system, together with its header files.
For example, a libncurses-dev(el) or similar package.

The libncurses-dev package is installed.  And I can also create a simple
binary with:

helmut@caladan:/tmp > cat x.c
#include <term.h>
int main (void) {
  tputs(0,0,0);
}
helmut@caladan:/tmp > i686-linux-gnu-gcc x.c -ltinfo
helmut@caladan:/tmp > ldd a.out
        linux-gate.so.1 (0xf7ecd000)
        libtinfo.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.6 (0xf7e75000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0xf7c00000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xf7ecf000)

So I put the blame on the configure script for not finding it and will
stick to the --without-x version.

Helmut