Re: Major mode of orgweb/publish.sh?

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: Re: Major mode of orgweb/publish.sh?
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 17:20:09 +0800

> Ruijie Yu via "General discussions about Org-mode."
> <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Major mode was erronously set to shell-script-mode because of the empty line.
>
> There is no error there. The line in question is inline stdin redirect
> in shell. "#..." is what is fed to exec emacs. There is no intention to
> define mode for publish.sh there, just a standard Elisp script header.

Instead of "inline stdin redirect", this instead just passes Emacs the
file name and Emacs just reads from the file again.

I was about to propose changing the shbang line into just
#!/usr/bin/emacs -x, but even though the --help text says this is
exactly the case to use it, running such a script opens up a graphical
terminal which is unexpected.

But regardless, I don't quite care about it as long as it does its job
(other than the fact that I need to `M-x emacs-lisp-mode RET' at its
current state, and the concern that the lexical binding property line
takes effect neither in-buffer nor during script execution), so I'll let
you or Bastien decide whether doing anything about the first few lines
is worth it.

>> Converted the `load' into `require' because it allows someone working on a
>> local
>> repo to `eval-buffer' successfully, given that the individual installs these
>> dependencies from GNU/NonGNU Elpa.  Previously, due to the hard-coded path,
>> `eval-buffer' would not be successful.
>
> Looks reasonable, but I will let Bastien decide on this. He is the
> author of this file.

Sounds good.  Let's wait for that, along with his confirmation that my
copyright process is complete.

--
Best,

RY